sddff

xvcxvzvcvcvxvvzxcv

Friday, March 5, 2010

My car is getting dutch too

Today is the day: finally I went to register my car in The Netherlands. In a few days it will be Dutch!

Before going to the RDW I had everything prepared: bpm vrijstelling letter, provisional registration certificate, provisional number, one day insurance…

My appointment was at 8:40am but I got there already at 8:15am, you never know how bad the traffic is and I had to be there 15 min before the appointment. First, I gave the nice lady of the first window all my documents: German registration certificate, passport, residence certification from the town hall (if you don’t have a Dutch driving license, you have to provide them with a residence certification as well). She asked me to go to the garage and wait until one of the employees call me.

After two cups of chocolate one employee screamed: “Citroën, invoer”, “Citroën, invoer”?? That’s not my name. I guess my name was too difficult for him. He asked me to drive my car into the garage. Amazingly you are supposed to stay with your car and watch everything he’s doing.


Twenty minutes later the car was ready. I went back to the nice lady and paid 130 e. Then I was ready for the next window. The douane window! Unfortunately there was no nice lady there 

The douane asked me if I already calculated the BPM. “Calculate the bpm? Why? I don’t have to pay it!”…

It will continue…

1 comment:

  1. your french car is very international ;-)

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete